Twelve companies have submitted proposals to the public tender for design and construction of the Services Complex for Trade Cooperation between China and Portuguese-speaking Countries, said the Macau Lands, Public Works and Transport Bureau.
The future Services Complex will be located in central area of the Macau peninsula an area of about 14,200 m2, and the construction work is likely to start in the third quarter of 2017 and have a maximum deadline of 20 months.
The complex is intended for meetings within the scope of economic and trade cooperation between China and Portuguese-speaking countries, and may also serve for activities within the framework of cooperation between these countries.
The complex comprises the Exhibition Centre for Products from Portuguese Speaking Countries, the Service Centre for Companies from China and the Portuguese Speaking Countries, the Information Centre, the Exhibition Hall on Economic and Trade Relations between China and the Portuguese-speaking Countries and their Cultures, the Training Centre between China and the Portuguese-speaking Countries as well as the Exhibition Hall on the Urban Development of Macau.
Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang, presided over the launch ceremony of the complex during his visit to Macau in October 2016 to inaugurate the 5th Ministerial Conference of Forum Macau. (macauhub)
- Macau International Fair features goods and services from Portuguese-speaking countries
- China: Mission from Macau Forum for Economic and Trade Cooperation between China and the Portuguese-speaking countries visits Brazil
- Training Centre for Forum for Economic and Trade Cooperation between China and the Portuguese-speaking countries starts operating
- Website for cooperation between China and Portuguese-speaking countries launched in Macau
- Government to boost Macau’s role as a hub between China and the Portuguese-speaking countries