The government of Timor-Leste (East Timor) has provided its counterpart in Guinea-Bissau with a cheque for US$250,000 as part of the funds pledged at a Brussels roundtable meeting, in a ceremony held in Bissau.
The representative of the Timor-Leste Cooperation Agency in Guinea-Bissau, Alberto Xavier Pereira, said the donation was half the amount promised at the roundtable and was intended to support reconciliation activities in Guinea-Bissau.
On presenting Terra Ranka, the name given to the strategic and operational plan that Guinea-Bissau took to the Brussels roundtable on 25 March, 2015, Timor-Leste committed to a donation of US$500,000.
The president of the National Reconciliation Commission, Father Domingos da Fonseca, thanked Timor-Leste for its donation that will help Guinea-Bissau to hold the National Conference for the Consolidation of Peace and Development. (macauhub/GW/TL)
- Timor-Leste pay salaries of Guinea-Bissau civil servants
- Frances provides one-off donation of 300,000 euros to Guinea Bissau
- ADB provides US$29 million for three projects in Guinea-Bissau
- China takes part in Guinea-Bissau donors’ meeting
- Guinea-Bissau seeks 427 million euros from international donors