In an interview with UN Radio in New York, Sumbula recalled that Angola produced 8.8 million carats of diamonds making the country the world’s third largest diamond producer.
In 2015, Angola’s revenue from diamond sales was US$1.1 billion against US$1.3 billion in 2014.
Sumbula also called for internationally concerted marketing to balance market prices and said negotiations were underway in this regard with the world’s largest diamond producers including South Africa, Australia and Botswana. (macauhub/AO)
- Angola may double diamond production with Luaxe kimberlite
- Angolan diamond company Endiama intends to find new diamond reserves
- Angolan diamond company Endiama plans to start diamond prospecting in Moxico province
- Angola expects important discovery of diamond deposits
- Diamond mining projects in Angola to double over next few years