The President of the Republic of Guinea-Bissau, José Mário Vaz, is due Tuesday to take delivery of the new Palace of Justice building, built by a Chinese state company, from Chinese Ambassador Wang Huao, announced the Guinean Ministry of Public Works, Construction and Urbanism.
The new building will house the Supreme Court of Justice and the Regional Bissau Courts of Auditors and Trade.
The building, which cost US$20 million US, was built by the Chinese company Jiangsu Jiangdu Construction Group Co Limited.
The PRC financed construction of the Government Palace and the Guinean Parliament and refurbished the Palace of the Republic, which was partially destroyed in 1998.
According to the cooperation programme agreed with the government, the completion of construction of the Fishing Port, in higher Bandim and fisheries complex in Quinhamel, north of Bissau, are the next two large scale projects that China will support in Guinea-Bissau. (macauhub/CN/GW)
- Palace of Justice is “a gift” from China to Guinea-Bissau
- Beijing to finance new hospital and Palace of Justice in Guinea Bissau
- Guinea Bissau’s transitional government takes delivery of presidential palace rebuilt by China
- China supports rebuilding of Palace of the Republic in Guinea Bissau’s capital
- China delivers new Guinea-Bissau government palace to public works minister