The need to promote youth and professional employment in Guinea-Bissau will be the focus of the 1st Sustainable Employment Forum, held from Friday to Sunday and organised by the Ministry of Civil Service and Employment.
Carlos Costa, coordinator of the organising committee, said the event, whose theme is “The issue of employment in the country, prospects and constraints” would provide an opportunity for a technical discussion on employment in order to find solutions.
The coordinator also said that the outlook for the Sustainable Employment Forum was good as the Ministry intends for the event to inform the public of what the government plans to do to promote employment through the jobs created as part of the “Terra Ranka” strategic plan, which secured funding at a roundtable meeting in March in Brussels.
Over three days the event will present the current employment and vocational training situation in Guinea-Bissau and analyse issues related to the business climate a basis for job creation and growth of the economy and companies.
Costa said that on Sunday the event would discuss combatting unemployment and social exclusion, the activities and points of view of some institutions for promoting employment. The Forum’s opening ceremony will be hosted by Prime Minister Carlos Correia. (macauhub/GW)
- Guinea Bissau government signs memorandum of cooperation with Chinese businesspeople from Macau and Liaoning
- Setting up a company in Guinea Bissau to take just one week
- Guinea Bissau: Bissau hosts Tourism minister conference of Portuguese-speaking countries
- Guinea Bissau’s sets up Investment Promotion Agency
- Brazil sends equipment to professional training workshops in Guinea Bissau