The country-code top-level domain for Guinea-Bissau (.gw) was ordered for 300 Internet domain named in its first year of operation, said Wednesday in Bissau the Secretary of State for Transport and Communications, João Bernardo Vieira.
Registration of addresses with the .gw domain was launched on 26 November, 2014, with the support of the DNS.pt association, responsible for the country-code top-level domain for Portugal (pt) and works in this area with other Portuguese-speaking African countries.
The National Regulatory Authority of Guinea-Bissau since 10 July, 2014 has been responsible for .gw domain following a decision by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).
Joao Bernardo Vieira told Portuguese news agency Lusa news agency these were the results of three years of work, which involved visits to Beijing and Buenos Aires in order to claim the domain, “which we achieved in 2014.” (macauhub/GW)
- Guinea-Bissau’s top-level domain starts working
- Internet access market is free in Guinea-Bissau
- Government of Guinea-Bissau wants a national airline in 2015
- Guinea Bissau’s President says foreign investment is protected in his country
- IMF says Guinea Bissau needs an economic growth rate of 7 or 8 percent