Portuguese company Inapal Plásticos may start producing parts for vehicles manufactured by China’s Shenzhen Wuzhoulong Motors Co. under the terms of an agreement signed Monday in Macau, director Miguel Ferraz said.
“This agreement will make it possible to carry out studies on the viability of producing, together, fibreglass parts for the buses made by Shenzhen Wuzhoulong Motor Co.,” Ferraz told Portuguese news agency Lusa.
The viability studies are expected to take three months and production to begin at the end of the year, the director said.
The use of the fibreglass parts in the vehicles is intended to replace metal parts and they are expected to be produced in Asia in a 50/50 partnership.
Miguel Ferraz said that a partnership with the Chinese company, which manufactures around 30,000 buses per year, although it has an installed capacity of 35,000, “could allow us to increase turnover by up to 50%.” Inapal’s turnover currently stands at around 30 million euros per year.
Eight seven percent of the Portuguese company’s production is exported, mainly to Europe, but also to Brazil, and the remaining 13% is used by AutoEuropa, the Volkswagen in Portugal, which “also means exports,” said Ferraz. (macauhub/PT/CN/MO)
- Chinese group Lifan Motors opens Parts Distribution Centre in Brazil
- Chinese group JAC Motors plans to take parts suppliers to Brazil
- Brazil: Brazil´s Fras-Le to open car parts factory in China
- Portuguese car parts company opens factory in Dalian, China
- General Motor’s Brazilian subsidiary to import car parts from China