The ProSavana agricultural project, which involves Mozambique, Brazil and Japan, now has a website – http://www.prosavana.gov.mz/ – which publishes all information available about the project.
The website will be regularly updated with news, videos and the results of studies and public consultations, allow anyone that is interested to keep up with the progress of ProSavana.
The project is focused on agricultural, social and economic development of the communities located along the Nacala Corridor, by contributing to security, increased yield and productivity.
The project intends to reproduce the success Brazil has had in its “cerrado” area in Mozambique’s savannahs by using the area for agricultural production with the technical and financial support of Brazil and Japan through the Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and the Brazilian Cooperation Agency (ABC). (macauhub)
- Japan-Brazil mission satisfied with conditions in Mozambique for Prosavana programme to move ahead
- Mozambique seeks additional funding for ProSavana project
- Japan interested in supporting ProSavana project in Mozambique
- Mozambique to spend US$13 million on Prosavana projects
- ProSavana technical staff to examine in Brasilia new information about Mozambican programme