Mozambican bank Moza Banco at the end of May carried out a capital increase of 283.25 million meticals, or approximately US$10 million, according to a statement from the bank issued in Maputo Tuesday.
The bank now has capital of approximately US$40 million
According to the statement the capital increase was intended to respond to the growing investments that Moza Banco is making in its expansion project, in innovative financial solutions, and staff training.
The chairman of the board of Moza Banco, Prakash Ratilal said that another capital increase, of 141.65 million meticals, or US$5 million, was scheduled for September.
The shareholders of Moza Banco, which was founded in June 2008, are Moçambique Capitais SA (50.1 percent), BES África (21.1 percent) and Geocapital, a Macau investment company (24.5 percent).
The bank is a Mozambican financial institution and provides the market with a vast range of products and services. It offers corporate banking, private banking, and other services. (macauhub)
- Chairman of Mozambique’s stock exchange says Moza Capital and Moza Banco will boost economy
- Mozambique: Moza Banco, with Macau capital, opens 16 June in Maputo
- Mozambique’s Moza Banco posts profits of US$2.2 million in 2009
- Banco Comercial de Investimentos to issues Visa cards for Moza Banco in Mozambique
- Mozambique’s Moza Banco expects profits of US$2 million in 2009