Entrepreneurs from the United States are due to arrive in Cape Verde on Wednesday with several investment projects in mind, particularly the opening of the island country’s first American school though also concerning the construction and financial sectors, reports the Cape Verdean newspaper A Semana.
The daily indicated that the mission, to be followed by others, would include various meetings with prominent Cape Verdean figures, including heads of universities and secondary schools.
The investment projects in question may mark a new phase of relations between Cape Verde and the United States, which to date have been grounded on support and financing for projects of Cape Verdean interest.
The newspaper also stressed that this first mission of American entrepreneurs could be a sign that US investors will soon take more notice of Cape Verde, which until now has been more attractive for European investors. (macauhub)
- Cape Verde: Cape Verde offers good conditions for investors Cabo Verde Investimentos says
- Cape Verde: BAI Cabo Verde bank set up by Angolan and Cape Verdean investors
- Cape Verde: China to build extension to Praia hospital
- China: Cape Verde wants to be platform for African, European and American markets
- Cape Verde: IMF mission to evaluate archipelago’s economy