Beijing, China, 2 Sept – Canadian company Bombardier is studying the possibility of building a factory in Zhuhai, in China’s Guangdong province, to assemble automated passenger carriages, the chairman of Bombardier China, Zhang Jianwei said in Beijing.
Cited by the China Daily newspaper, Zhang said that the factory would be the first automated passenger carriage assembly factory outside North America.
Automated passenger carriage systems usually serve small areas such as airports, shopping centres or theme parks and larger systems are more like light railways.
Bombardier is one of the companies in line to carry out the first phase of the light railway in Macau, along with its partner the China Road and Bridge Corporation, and Zhang said that if the consortium was awarded the tender all the carriages would be assembled in the factory in Zhuhai, a special economic zone located next to Macau. (macauhub)
- Bombardier plans to build jet planes in China
- China: Bosch Security opens factory in Zhuhai
- Work on Macau light railway to start at beginning of 2011
- China’s AVIC sets up base to manufacture aircraft in Zhuhai
- China: Zhuhai government wants to transform port of Gaolan into largest in southeast China