Florianópolis, Brazil, 6 Aug – Chinese company Guangzhou Dayun Motorcycle is negotiating to set up a motorcycle factory in the Brazilian city of Içara, in Santa Catarina state, in an investment of around US$6 million, the city’s municipal secretary for planning said Thursday.
Emerson de Jesus said that the prefecture was studying the donation of a plot of land of some 30,000 square metres to the Chinese company which is considered to be one of the world’s largest producers of motorcycles.
If current negotiations are successful the factory could start operating in the first quarter of 2011.
Guangzhou Dayun Motorcycle plans to set up a factory with capacity to manufacture 30,000 motorcycles per year for the states of Santa Catarina, Paraná, Rio Grande do Sul, Minas Gerais and Sao Paulo.
Brazilian company Moraes Motos, headquartered in Santa Catarina, is the brand’s exclusive distributor for the south of Brazil. (macauhub)
- Brazil: Chinese motorcycle manufacture starts expansion and expects to finish factory this year
- Chinese motorcycle manufacturer plans to open factory in Brazil in 2008
- Brazil: Chinese motorcycle manufacturer sets up factory in Manaus
- Chinese motorcycle manufacturer sets up factory in Brazil
- Chinese manufacturer to export motorcycles to Brazil