Luanda, Angola, 4 July – The chiamran of the Luanda International Fair, Matos Cardoso said Wednesday in Luanda that conditions were in place to build a fair complex at the Viana industrial hub.
Quoted by Angolan news agency Angpop, Cardoso made the statement during a press conference about the 25th edition of the International Luanda Fair, to be held between 15 and 20 July.
The FIL manager said that the current facility is too small and out of date for the size of the event and added that a survey was being carried out of the new area in order for construction of the new venue to begin.
According to Cardoso, the future convention centre of the Luanda International Fair will house up to 5,000 people, several support rooms, two hotels (with 400 rooms), office buildings (for new participants) and leisure areas.
Cardoso also said that once the new complex was in operation, FIL would no longer be a multi-sector event, but would be split into several sector-specific fairs. (macauhub)
- 23rd Luanda International Fair has positive outcome, Expo-Angola director says
- Only 550 exhibitors at this year’s Luanda International Fair, but quality improved
- Twenty-two countries represented at upcoming Luanda International Fair
- Angola’s 1st International Oil fair takes place in November
- Angola represented at Filda fair by 208 companies