Luanda, Angola, 02 June – Chinese company, China Roads and Bridges Corp. is rebuilding a 172-kilometer stretch of road between the towns of Ondjiva and Humbe in Angola, the national director of Angola’s roads institute, Instituto de Estradas de Angola (INEA), Joaquim Sebastião, said.
The project includes re-laying the road’s surface, widening the embankments, drainage works and protection against erosion, road signage, building of new aqueducts and small bridges and represents an investment of US$47 million.
Speaking to journalists at the end of his visit to the location, Sebastião said that work on the project began at the beginning of the year and should end within 12 months.
The rebuilding of the road, which is part of the Government’s national reconstruction program, is considered important as it provides a link between Luanda and the provinces of Kwanza Sul, Huíla, Benguela, Huambo, and Cunene as far as the Republic of Namibia. (macauhub)
- Mecanagro rebuilds roads in Angola with support from Chinese bank
- European Union finances rebuilding of 350 km of roads in Guinea Bissau
- Angola to rebuild over 25,000 km of roads by 2008
- Brazilian construction company rebuilds Lubango/Matala road in Angola
- Concession granted to repair 250 km of road between Kwanza-Norte and Kwanza-Sul in Angola