Benguela, Angola, 12 Dec – Angola’s state company for agricultural mechanization, Empresa Nacional de Mecanização Agrícola (Mecanagro) will invest US$30 million on rebuilding 800 kilometers of roads, the company’s president, Carlos Alberto Jaime Pinto said Friday in Benguela.
Mecanagro plans to set up eight special rural engineering teams which from May to December 2006 will carry out the rebuilding, Pinto said on the sidelines of the company meeting held in Benguela.
Financing for the project will be provided by a credit line from China’s Exim Bank (Export-Import Bank).
According to Angolan news agency Angpop, Mecanegro has been clearing uncultivated land to later distribute it to the rural population.
In several areas of Bié province, Mecanagro has already cleared 912 hectares of land since the beginning of its agricultural campaign, according to the company’s provincial manager.
Mecanagro is a state company that provides mechanization services and is present in the North, Center and South of the country. Its activities are mainly focused on preparing land and repairing infrastructures. (macauhub)
- Portugal’s Millennium bcp negotiating sale of 28.6% of Mozambique bank
- World Bank invests USD 170 million in Angola over 3 years
- Reconstruction of Lobito-Luau railroad to begin in January
- Brazilian construction company rebuilds Lubango/Matala road in Angola
- Reconstruction of Angolan Moçâmedes railroad financed by Chinese funds kicks off in 2006